Some advice
Just some advice that I gave to someone not too long ago that. I thought that it may be beneficial to others as well. Dios los bendiga!!
Hi Jimmy!
First of all Happy New Year and many blessings! I am a Christian/ Evangelist. I am a member of the Churches of God. My church however is very liberal considering that we are Evangelists. The primary concept of the Evangelist is to follow the word of God through the Bible down to the t. However, the word of God is based on interpretation and revelation through the Holy Spirit. I agree that some churches are rather "showy" but remember, as a Christian it is your duty to pray for them so that God will show them the true way to Him.
Also, keep in mind that those that lead the church are only human, so mistakes are to be expected. We should not concentrate on their actions and let their failures affect our faith, after all it is the message that they are bringing that we are listening to in order to get closer to God. We are not worshiping the person that is bringing the Gospel to us. They are merely an instrument of God so don't look up to your leaders to the point where if they go wrong you will lose all faith. Now how to know if they really are being lead by our Holy Father? Well that is something that only a strong personal relationship with the Holy Spirit can reveal. Remember to pray and let God lead you in the right path.
Our job in this world is not to criticize others but rather to look upon ourselves and try to embody Jesus Christ. Try to walk in his path every step of the way. I wish you the best of luck with your spiritual journey and hope you will let God lead the way. Many blessings!! -Alé
Hello everybody! I decided to join your group because of my unique position, I am actually a Conservative but in theology and christianity, I am a Liberal. I can't stand these ultra-conservative churches where the people think they own god and think they can get him to do whatever they want. I contend a church is for worship, not a stage performance and a show. Basically, what I think I'm saying is I don't like evangelists. Take that for what you will. Jimmy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home