Alita's Place

Just me! Just my thoughts and things that catch my interest... if you like it, cool, if you don't.. mmm... well you don't have to read it.. or do you?

Friday, February 03, 2006

This is not Freedom of Speech, it is WRONG!

This is an email that I sent earlier on in the day and my opinion is directly below. Following are the opinions of others for which I am not liable. Feel free to copy and paste and forward. Thanks!

Bobby,
I hope the US prohibits the purchase of your shirts at the very least in our country. How could you provide recognition to something so wrong? Our prayers are with you.

To all my english speaking pals. Scroll down, it's translated for the most part. The website
sells shirts that have the logos of known terrorist groups and actually contributes 5% of it's profits to them for supposed "communication equipment". This one is specifically pointing out the one in Colombia but keep in mind that terrorists groups are the ones that caused 9/11 and have many of our fellow Americans dying in Iraq. Despite your politics and perspectives, the case in point is that terrorism is wrong. Please pass this on. Thanks guys.

Alé


ps- PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO ALL!!

Hola, por favor copien este mensaje, no usen la opción de reenvío para que el texto no se llene de >>>>>. Gracias,
(Please do not forward this so that it will not get filled with >>>>>, please copy and paste and resend on a new email. Make sure to include
bobby@fightersandlovers.com.)

HOLA A TODOS, EN DINAMARCA ESTAN VENDIENDO CAMISETAS DE APOYO Y PROPAGANDA A LAS FARC, SI ESTAN EN DESACUERDO CON ESTO, IGUAL QUE NOSOTROS, FIRMEN Y COPIEN ESTE CORREO Y MANDENLO A TODOS SUS CONTACTOS Y A bobby@fightersandlovers.com . SI QUIEREN LEER LA FORMA EN QUE ENGAÑAN A LA GENTE PARA VENDER ROPA ENTREN A <> GRACIAS, Ruth.


Hola.. Hace mas de una semana lei en el tiempo sobre estas camisetas y no pude esperar a ver la pag.( <>) q las distribuye y la propaganda tan boba q tienen!.. me dio mucha rabia y ! en seguida mande un email a esta organizacion quejandome(hasta ahora no contestan).. pues no puede ser q uno como colombiano sabiendo como es lasituacion en nuestro pais se sienta orgulloso de usar una camiseta que lleva la propaganda de un grupo terrorista como son las Farc en colombia.. y por otro lado de otro grupo terrorista de palestina! yo al menos no! . Supuestamente pa ellos es verse "cool".... y acaban su mensaje preguntando "cuando fue la ultima vez q alguien te dijo que ponerte?" ... Miren la pagina y respondan ustedes mismos si se sentirian muy "cool" usando estas camisetas!!.., Natalia


Tienen que ver esa pagina es absurdo como explican la situacion de la guerrilla y los pintan como los libertaodres del pueblo y de un regimen brutal. veanla por favor.


Hello,

As a born and bred Colombian, I would like to invite you to come to our beautiful country. I would like you to come here and experien! ce the day by day horrors of guerrilla violence. I invite you to turn on the television and see the widows and orphans of innocent people who are kidnapped and murdered every day by FARC members.

I invite you, especially as European tourists, to travel the countryside only to be kidnapped and hold for ransom for years only to bekilled in cold blood. I invite you to see the remains of bombed buildings and houses in villages and cities. I invite you to talk to peasants who have to give up their sons and daughters to FARC,as well as their houses, cattle and land. I invite you to come here and suffer what we all have been suffering for over FORTY YEARS of war waged by FARC. I invite you to hide behind ideals of liberation and equality using extorsion, drug trafficking, kidnapping and murder as your main tools. I invite you to understand the real Colombia.

Now, after all that, I invite you to be in my place and many other Colombians when they see you are actually SELLING T-SHIRTS that honor what FARC has been doing to our country. I don't think you are doing it for peace and justice. You're doing it to milk money out of ignorant kids who have no real grasp of the true situation here. I know you wont be changing your shirts, because that would mean you would stop making your money...but I sure as hell want you to know you make me sick. May the souls of the hundreds who have been killed haunt you in your dreams.

Awaiting your response,

Fernando Ramirez
Daniel Rojas
Felipe Sánchez
Ruth Ortiz Castro
Victoria Romero
Diana Rios
Natalia Aponte
Paola Zúñiga
Leonor Bernal
Laura Constain
Leonardo Torres
Jonathan García
Luis Felipe Zárate
Manuel Delgado R
Camilo Galvis
Natalia Zambrano
Carlos Andres Gomez
Camilo Andrés Fonseca
Carolina Rodriguez Taborda
Isabel Tafur
Laura Margarita Bello Alvarez.
Leonardo Mazutier.
Sergio Gama
Alegandra Perez

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home